The safety of our customers and employees is our number one priority at Big O Tires. However, during this difficult and challenging period, we recognize the responsibility we have as an essential service in our community. For that reason, our Big O Tires store will remain open to serve our customers.
In the meantime, we will be taking the following steps to minimize any risk of transmitting the virus.
- Requiring employees to increase hand washing practices and observe safe coughing etiquette
- Significantly increasing cleaning and disinfecting protocols of public areas, washrooms and service areas, with particular attention to ‘at risk’ surfaces (door handles, counter tops, etc.)
- Not accepting cash – Debit or credit card transactions only at this time
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting any handled surfaces inside our customers’ vehicles after completing work (steering wheels, gear shifters, etc.)
- Practicing safe social distancing (minimum 6’) at our stores. This includes maintaining safe social distancing between employees and customers as well as between employees themselves
- Closing our waiting/seating areas
- Minimizing unnecessary items that can be handled (coffee machines, magazines, etc)
- Eliminating non-essential gatherings between employees (staff meetings, team lunches, etc.)
- Requiring any employees exhibiting symptoms consistent with the COVID-19 virus to stay home and self-isolate. Similarly, we are requiring any employees who have been in contact with anyone who has the COVID-19 virus, to refrain from coming to work.
In addition to the measures our team is taking, we ask customers do their part to minimize the spread of the virus by observing the following practices when visiting our store:
- Minimize time spent inside the store. We will do our part to take your information and process you as quickly as we can
- Request quotes and book appointments by phone or online instead of in-person
- Maintain a safe social distance (6’ minimum) from other customers and Big O staff
- Refrain from using our public washroom unless absolutely necessary
Especially during times of emergency and crisis like these, ensuring you have reliable transportation is critical. We understand that and that’s why we’re here to help!